正序浏览
主题图片汇总
主题内检索
泡菜
泡网分: 0.005
主题: 3
帖子: 19
注册: 2013年2月
Theme网上对M有很多客观评价,像大家关心的ccd和cmos,结论是M胜过M9p...
本帖由移动终端发布
相关标签: 徕卡 CCD
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
浏览:967 回帖:13
第 1 页 / 共 1 页
游客没有回帖权限
泡菜
泡网分: 3.397
主题: 21
帖子: 1326
注册: 2011年3月
一些论坛成员被要求徕卡测试新徕卡M ( 240 ) 。这里是由乔纳森斯莱克包括全甲阶酚醛树脂几个样本图像的第一次报告

徕卡M ( 240 )
这是令人兴奋测试新的徕卡过去几周,旅行到威尼斯,哥本哈根和意大利阿尔卑斯山给了很多机会去尝试的相机出与传统的M镜头,同时还与徕卡R镜头和一对夫妇的奥林巴斯OM镜头。

对于我来说,最简单的谈谈摄像头为两个不同的实体。

首先是一个革命性的新的一步;的第一个全画幅镜子的摄像头:虽然互联网摄影界一直期待这样的相机索尼和宾得,莱卡已经悄悄拿出了货。

二是旁轴相机的最新迭代 - 其制作,因为数字M8的出现已经被越来越多的赞赏,因为避免了设备主体和图像之间获得的一种图像的深深的传统方式。

全画幅镜较少M( 240 )

这是一个迷人的相机 - 用正确的适配器它允许使用几乎任何镜头的光圈环。与徕卡R适配器允许使用范围的ř镜头,用在固件适当的支持。这是一个积极的喜悦,在全画幅传感器的使用,如28-90 R镜的镜片没有AA滤镜。

当然,革命性它并不完美 - 有一点点快门时滞,和较慢的刷新速率EVF意味着它是不是真的适合行动摄影。但随着自动对焦单反总是要成为体育摄影是更好的选择。

对于微距摄影,旅游摄影(其中一个变焦是可取的),以及自然和野生动物这是一个美妙的相机。在经过深思熟虑对焦辅助,使用可选的放大倍率和焦点调峰使得它可以集中难以置信准确而良好阻尼快门的意思是,在200毫米手持拍摄也相当可行的合理的光。

该电子取景器也非常适合用广角镜头的使用 - 和较长的M镜头聚焦在那里可以更困难。

....再有就是视频 - 这是一个相当的经验与NOCTILUX在F0.95拍摄全帧视频!

的继任者M9

这是真正的好消息 - 徕卡已经听取了他们的用户群。 M9的是(是)一个美妙的摄像头,但是,有改进的余地的若干领域。新的M几乎所有这些解决:

更快的处理器(快速处理器)
较大的缓冲区(更大缓冲区)
更高分辨率的LCD (液晶显示器高分辨率)
耐候密封(耐候)
安静快门(无需重新公鸡暂停) (安静快门)
减快门时滞(无快门滞后)
更好的高ISO (高ISO性能)
更好的图像质量(更高画质)
更高的分辨率(更高解析度)
集成拇指握槽(集成拇指抓紧功能)
改进的人体工程学设计(改进人体工学)
我一直觉得, 24MP代表几乎高分辨率和管理的文件大小之间的完美妥协,允许非常大的版画,但仍使其能够处理大量的图像在一个合理的时间。

人们关注的CCD与CMOS传感器的优势在互联网上的讨论。我真的觉得看看从M文件将消除这些担忧。对我来说,颜色比稍好的M9在基地的ISO ,并在更高的ISO好得多。在大多数情况下,从井中露出ISO 6400的结果是完全可用(也许相当于ISO 1600的M9) 。

测距仪摄影是我最喜欢的,而这种新相机是一个值得继承的徕卡M相机的长行。扔在一个令人兴奋的和革命性的全画幅镜子的摄像头,这是相当难以抗拒。

乔纳森·斯莱克

2013年2月1日
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
泡网分: 0.013
主题: 1
帖子: 12
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜

Expected release date for the Leica M (Leica M10 / Type 240)

At Photokina the release date was to be early 2013, which with some knowledge of Leica Camera AG history and common sense translate into March 2013 or April 2013. B&H Photo in New York changed their delivery date till April 30 in the beginning of February 2013 which for some translated into that the Leica M was delayed.

Leica M Type 240 started delivery on March 1

Black and - a few - chrome Leica M cameras were picked up at dealers around the world on March 1, and a few more are shipped in the first week of March. I will be getting mine as well (reserved and paid for last year via Leica Shop Vienna). Also Steve Huff got his own camera delivered on March 2 and will be writing about it the next days.

The digital viewfinder EVF 2 can be hard to find but is around (at Meister Camera in Hamburg amongst others). The R to M adapter may be found on eBay for a good rice, and will work (till the real thing comes about).

You may also want to join the Leica M Type 240 User Group on Facebook:

Sample photos from the Leica M
My expectations are that the Leica M has been beta-tested since July 2012 and I saw the first unofficial samples of real-life high ISO photos in October 2012 and the first test images were released in February 2013 by beta-tester Jono Slack via the Leica User Forum and Chris Tribble via the Leica user Forum Blog.

Reviews and samples from the Leica M Type 240 *final production model* from March 2:
Steve Huff: "Leica M Video Overview – Very 1st look, Menu System, Shutter sound and more"
Tulip Frenzy: "Initial Thoughts On The Leica M (Typ240) When Used In Classic Rangefinder Mode"

A few pre-reviews of the Leica M Type 240 out as of February 22, 2012:
Jono Slack's "Testing the Leica M Type 240" (free)
Rean Reid's studio comparison of Leica M prototype, Leica M9 and Leica Monochrom (paid website)
Ming Thein's sample photos and viewpoint on the Leica M Type 240 prototype (free)
An couple of articles in the February/March 1/2013 issue of LFI (paid subscription magazine).

Leica Camera AG will be producting a large number of final cameras before they will be shipping it. They are not going to ship the first 50 cameras they make till they have enought to satisfy the immediate demand. They will have to ship to all dealers and Leica Stores in one go, enough for the camera to be actaully out there to the first people on the many waiting lists. And then from there the cameras will drip continuosly to the market, eventually in a year or two being in stock.

When the Leica ME was released at Photokina 2012 it was available in fairly large quanities from that day. So Leica Camera AG actually do plan their releases. The Leica M Monochrom started delivery in August 2012 as promised and is produced in batches as most Leica cameras and lenses. So I would expect the Leica M Type 240 to likewise be produced in batches, meaning the delivery will go up and down. Just as it is the case with lenses that are also produced in batches.

Where do I stand on this? As with the Leica M9 and Leica M Monochrom I ordered the instant I knew about them. My Leica M has been on order and paid for, for a while. I would expect to be somehwere in the first line and hope to start using my Leica M in April 2013.

The Photokina 2012 pre-opening event at Leica Camera AG, September 17, 2012. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

What to do in the waiting time
I would spend the waiting time wisely. What will happen when the Leica M comes out and the many people in doubt realize that this is actually a better and faster camera than the Leica M9. There may be many on the waiting list, but even more are undecided. Hence - that is my prediction - the demand will explode in May, June and July 2013.

For the record, the demand for Leica 50mm Noctilux-M ASPH f/0.95 was 8 times higher when released than Laica Camera AG had calculated in their wildest dreams (which explains the waiting time for that lens).

The new Leica 50mm APO-Summicron-M ASPH f/2.0 that has a price tag that should make most people conservative in their want for that lens is on a loooong waiting list even before it has become available (and that is the lens that Leica Camera AG talked about in 2006 and said they would never produce because nobody would pay that much for a lens).

With the new "Apple-inspired model system" of Leica M, Leica MM, Leica ME the market for Leica cameras will expand further. And all those new cameras will want one or more lenses.

So I would spend the waiting time figuring out which lenses the market would want (that I would also want), and then get those before the rush. 50mm Noctilux, 35mm Summilux, 75mm and 90mm Summicron ... the usual lenses that has been on 12-24 month waiting lists.

<---- See the updated article about the Leica M Monochrom here (that was released in Berlin on May 10, 2012)

New: Interview with Stefan Daniel on the floor of his office

Enjoy this unique video about the new Leica M ( aka Leica M10 or Leica M240 ), Leica ME and product manager Stefan Daniel who was born in the Leica factory ... or was he? All this and much more is answered in this video we made on the floor of Stefan Daniels office at Photokina 2012. Enjoy!

The backside of the chrome/silver version of the new Leica M (M240) that will be available in early 2013 in this and black paint. Note the scroll wheel by the right thumb that will serve to scroll menues, amongst other things. And the connector below the flash shoe that is ised for the EVF (digital viewfinder). The top left button by the display is Live View (LV), and there is three lamps for battery indicator to the right of the screen. And .. the screen is larger and better than the one known from Leica M9.

The which is what Leica overview

For comparison and to get the thoughts straight, here is an overview I will expand on in the coming days as I get to see and learn more about the new babies.

However, it is clear that Leica Camera AG now offer a range of cameras that will suit different needs. As for example the Leica M Monochrom that may or may not be suitable for professional photographers whoes clients require color photographs. But it is a hell of a tool to play with, and if you have realized you prefer black & white photography, you will have fun with the unknown possibilities of the Leica M Monochrom. As with Jimi Hendrix, he didn't invent the guitar, but he did invent some funky ways to use it. Such is it with the Leica M Monochrom. So there you go, one type of Leica user, and here is a range of Leica cameras for different needs:

Model M8 M8.2 M9 M9-P M-E
Type 220
M
Type 240 MM
S2 S
Type 006
Nickname "M10" "Henri" "S3"
Start 2006 2008 09/2009 06/2011 09/2012 02/2013 08/2012 2010 2012
End 2009 2009 2012 - - - - 2012 -
MP 10 10 18 18 18 24 18* 37.5
Sensor CCD CCD CCD CCD CCD CMOS CCD B&W
Format 18x27 18x27 24x36 24x36 24x36 24x36 24x36 MF MF
AA filter No No No No No No No No No
Video Yes
Adapters R Hasselblad
Shutterless Yes
Mirrorles Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No No
GPS Extra Yes
EVF No No No No No Extra No No
Framelines LED No No
DNG DNG DNG DNG DNG DNG DNG DNG DNG DNG
JPG JPG JPG JPG JPG JPG JPG JPG JPG JPG
Price US$ 4,800 5,400 7,000 8,000 5,450 7,000 8,000 23,000
Price Pounds 2,990 4,950 5,395 3,900 5,100 6,120 17,100 16,000
Price Euro 5,000 6,000 6,800 18,600
Batteri pack No No No No No Extra No Extra Extra
Processor Maestro Maestro Maestro
Weight 580g 600g 580g 680g
Frame selector Yes Yes No No Yes No No
USB port Yes Yes No Extra
Weathre sealed No No No No No Yes No No Yes

The stage packed with iconic figures of Leica photography history during the first part of the event. September 17, 2012. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

My first impression of the new Leica M

By Thorsten Overgaard, September 17, 2012

The Leica M on Photokina is still a prototype and I might hope for slightly different buttons by the screen. But after a little use, it's like the Leica M9 with a few changes.

Some mentioned a higher weight of the camera, but I don't know. It had the new Leica 50mm APO-Summicron-M ASPH f/2.0 mounted which is a slightly heavier lens, and it also has a larger battery. Not much difference to me.

Taking the Leica M for a swing on September 17, 2012. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

Shutter-less (and mirror-less)
What I noticed was that when the camera is turned on, you get the sound of the shutter going up. And it only goes down when you unmount the lens to change lens and when you turn off the camera. But the camera is not silent. I expect the shutter has to 'clear' the sensor still, as it was the case with the Leica M9.

Sara T'Rula and Birgit Krippner at the Leica Camera AG pre-Photokina event in Cologne, September 17, 2012. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0.

Improved buffer
I shot 11 images in a row, DNG 24MP with 3 frames per second, and then had to wait 3-4 seconds before I could fire another 5 images. So whatever the exact time is, the buffer is bigger and faster than the Leica M9 (as a comparison the Leica S have twice the size buffer of the Leica S2 for the same reason).

LED lit framelines
The framelines are very bright due to the new LED lit framelines. I like it instantly. No question. Choice between red and white lines, adjust to the amount of light around you so they are always clearly visible.
The framelines are set by the lens and does not require 6-bit coding; same system as it always was before 6-bit came about. No manual selection of frame lines and you only see the actual frame lines for the actual lens, not two pairs.

Larger battery
The battery in the Leica M is approx twice the size (thickness) of the Leica M9 battery. 7.2v, 1.8 A/hr.

Handgrip in two editions
A plain handgrip can be attached to the camera bottom and offers the possibility to screw on a rubber finger lock (that comes in three sizes with the camera).
A studio handgrip with GPS comes that connects up into the camera body via one large (the size of an iPhone 5 connector) and has four connectiors on the handgrip for USB, power and two types of studio sync. This studio handgrip also comes with the three rubber finger locks.

The two types of handgrip for the Leica M. Photo by Thorsten Overgaard.

Weather sealing
If it has it or not, I don't know. But the bottom plate has been redesigned with a thin rubber sealing inside that protects the electronic parts inside the camera from water. The buttom of the camera is closed completely apart from where the SD-card and the battery goes in (and it is those parts that are sealed by the bottom plate's new additional rubber sealing). As you may recall, the leica M9 is assembled with plastic button to the body. The Leica M seem to be metal all the way through; no assembling.

The shutter release button and shutter time wheel on top of the camera looks like the Leica M9. They never said it was weather sealed, but mine have survived heavy rain despite the lack of promise that it could resist water.

New top button for recording of video
As you can see on the picture below, the Leica M has a new chrome button next to the shutter release button on top, this is the on/off for video recording.

Live view
A new dedicated button on the back is LV which will turn on live view, meaning that the screen is on all the time (or the EVF on top of the camera if that is used). Not much interst to me, if I want live view I would use the EVF. More discrete, easier to hold the camera still.

Light metering
The light metering in the menu offer Classic and Advanced. The grey and white stripes on the shutter curtain as well as the three small eyes inside the camera for metering the reflections from the stripes are the same.

Leica M with studio handgrip attached, Leica R to M lens adapter (and Leica 70-180mm/2.8 lens), as well as the EVF (Electronic ViewFinder). Not bad, actually ...

The long awaited R solution
The EVF (Electronic ViewFinder) you can add on top of the Leica M (that I constant want to call the Leica M10) means that we won't need the classic and very well-made Leica viewfinders for 24mm, 21mm and 18mm wide lenses. It's all going to be in the EVF. The EVF is the same as the one for the Leica X2 and has a design that reminds of the Visioflex. Nice.

But even more interstingly the EVF adds the possibility to use longer lenses than the Leica 135mm (and you will see the full frame of any lens in the full screen of the EVF). Who know if Leica Camera AG's lens designer Peter Karbe is working on a new 180mm f/2.0 lens, not to mention new lenses that will cover the traditional viewfinder, such as 75mm f/1.2 ...?
But moreover, with the new Leica R to Leica M adaptor you can now use the Leica R lenses on the Leica M. Hence, if you still have a Leica 400mm Telyt-R f/6.8 (as I do) you can now use it on the Leiac M. Not to mention the sexy Leica 80mm Summilux-R f/1.4.

No AF lenses in view
Nothing indicates that Leica are planning Leica M Auto Focus lenses. The lens mount on the Leica M doesn't reveal any new contacts for such.

Microphone - The Leica M has a built-in mono microphone under the top plate (under the four small holes), and you can also add a stereo microphone in the flash shoe.

ISO
The ISO of the Leica M should be 6400 ISO, perhaps more. The prototype at Photokina only had 500 ISO in the menu so this is something Leica Camera AG is still working on. My guess is that 3200 ISO will be the usable ISO.

Image quality
This is the big question. Will the image quality of the CMOS sensor be as good or even better than the existing sensor in the Leica M9. I haven't seen any samples yet, but according to Dr. Kaufmann they have improved the CMOS sensor beyond what other cameras have.

New CMOS sensor
What we do know about the new CMOS sensor in the Leica M is that it has a thinner color filter and a special microlens design (each pixel in the sensor is covered by a lens, and the lenses in the Leica M sensor are designed with an 'adapted radius' that is illustrated by Leica Camera AG in their brochure so that is shows ow incoming light rays are not flowing from one lens to the neighbour pixel sensor; in short, it should make the image sharper and more crisp and detailed).
The CMOS sensor has been developed, according to Leica Camera AG, to have the qualities of the CCD sensor, but more energy-effecient and of course with the higher ISO possibilities of CMOS, as well as LiveWiew that comes handy for focus aid and video.

Sample photos
I haven't seen any yet, and I don't expect to see any real sample photos till end of the year just before the camera goes into production. And then again, not till we get the Adobe RAW camera profile will we know.

The Leica Camera AG at Photokina 2012 also features a large exhibition in Hall 1 of 20 historic Leica photographers' work. September 17, 2012. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

Video interview coming up
I should get a video interview made with Stefan Daniel on Wednesday and will make it available here.

Huge interest for the new Leica M on September 18 from early morning at Photokina. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm APO-Summicron-M ASPH f/2.0 (final production model). At the end of the day the Leica Camera AG representatives who had been demonstrating Leica M all day said 99% were very happy with it.

Testing the Leca M with R lenses at Photokina, September 18, 2012

My first impression of the new Leica M-E

By Thorsten Overgaard, September 17, 2012

The Leica ME is essentialy the Leica M9 in a different color. The E in M-E stands for Entry, and the price seem to reflect this. We are basically back at Leica M8.2 price level pricewise.

Very good, and as Stefan Daniel said to me, "The Leica M9 is such a good camera it would be a pity to stop producting it."

Only the color ... it has to come in other colors than this in my opinion. Or perhaps one should ask for customized from the very first day. As always, I'm sure Leica can produce it in the color you like (in case you didn't read about the Leica M Monochrom, this has been made in silver for clients already).

Then again, this opens up for Leica ME in silver and black, as well as "ME-P" without the red dot and so on. And as the Leica M-E is essentially the Leica M9, rebranded as the new entry-level Leica ME, the second-hand prices of Leica M9 and Leica M9-P will likely stay in a high level. Especially because everybody will have their own opinion about which colors are the nicest.

本帖由移动终端发布
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜

Leica M (aka Leica M10 or M240 or Type 240) in black paint. Also available in silver/chrome. The vindow that illuminates the frame lines is gone as the frame lines are now lit by LED. No frame-selector as the LED framelines are not three sets but one for the specific lens. Focus multi-button on front. The rest is as it used to be.

本帖由移动终端发布
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
The Leica M(240)
It’s been exciting testing the new Leica over the past weeks; trips to Venice, Copenhagen and the Italian Alps have given lots of opportunity to try the camera out with traditional M lenses, and also with Leica R lenses and a couple of Olympus OM lenses.

For me it’s easiest to talk about the camera as two distinct entities.

The first is a revolutionary new step forward; the very first full frame mirror-less camera: Whilst the internet photographic community have been expecting such a camera from Sony or Pentax, Leica have quietly come up with the goods.
本帖由移动终端发布
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Leica M: Jean Gaumy In Kyrgyzstan #3

February 25, 2013 | by Leon Baumgardt | No comments

Tweet
The Leica blog has published the next part of the “Back to Kyrgyzstan” series. It shows the French photographer Jean Gaumy Magnum on his journey through the Central Asian landlocked country. With him: The new Leica M.

Back to Kyrgyzstan

The Leica Blog follows Jean Gaumy on his journey through Kyrgyzstan to test the new Leica M. In 2000 Gaumy already traveled the landlocked country. Now he reports about the changes and differences the county has undergone since that first trip.
In the third episode of the video series Jean Gaumy engaged in landscape photography and also tries a Leica R telephoto lens in combination with the new Leica M.

The Leica Blog published also a couple of Gaumy’s shots on their website.
本帖由移动终端发布
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
泡网分: 12.279
主题: 21
帖子: 4055
注册: 2010年10月
年内主力装备
★ GFX100S
M9 Digital Camera
★ GFX100 II
这个结论有点好笑.数码的东西新的肯定比旧的好.好在那方面,好多少.这个就应个人而异了.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
泡网分: 7.962
主题: 1
帖子: 110
注册: 2009年5月
无低通连佳能都不如
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
http://cdn_l-camera-forum_com/leica-forum/leicam240/jono_slack/high/300/m2127289col.jpg
本帖由移动终端发布
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
http://cdn_l-camera-forum_com/leica-forum/leicam240/jono_slack/high/300/m2126213.jpg
本帖由移动终端发布
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Some forum members were asked by Leica to test the new Leica M(240). Here is the first report by Jonathan Slack including several sample images in full resol

The Leica M(240)
It’s been exciting testing the new Leica over the past weeks; trips to Venice, Copenhagen and the Italian Alps have given lots of opportunity to try the camera out with traditional M lenses, and also with Leica R lenses and a couple of Olympus OM lenses.

The first is a revolutionary new step forward; the very first full frame mirror-less camera: Whilst the internet photographic community have been expecting such a camera from Sony or Pentax, Leica have quietly come up with the goods.

The second is the latest iteration of the rangefinder camera – a deeply traditional way of making images which, since the advent of the digital M8 has been more and more appreciated as a way of avoiding the equipment getting in between the subject and the image.

The Full Frame Mirror-less M(240)

This is a fascinating camera – with the correct adapter it allows the use of almost any lens with an aperture ring. With the Leica R adapter it allows use of a range of R lenses, with proper support in the firmware. It’s a positive joy to use a lens like the 28-90 R lens on a full frame sensor without an AA filter.

Of course, being revolutionary it isn’t perfect – there is a little shutter lag, and the slower refresh rate for the EVF means that it isn’t really suitable for action photography. But a dSLR with AF is always going to be a better bet for sports photography.

For Macro photography, travel photography (where a zoom is desirable) and for nature and wildlife it’s a wonderful camera. The well thought out Focus Assist, with the optional magnification and focus peaking makes it possible to focus incredibly accurately whilst the well damped shutter mean that shooting handheld at 200mm is quite feasible in reasonable light.

The EVF is also great for use with wide angle lenses – and the longer M lenses where focusing can be more difficult.

…. and then there is video – it’s quite an experience shooting full frame video with a noctilux at f0.95!

The Successor to the M9

This is the really good news – Leica have listened to their user base. The M9 was (and is) a wonderful camera, however, there was room for improvement in a number of areas. The new M has addressed almost all of these:

Faster processor(快速处理器)
Larger buffer(更大缓冲区)
Higher resolution LCD(高分辨率LCD)
Weather sealing(耐候)
Quieter shutter (without re-cock pause)(安静快门)
Less shutter lag(无快门滞后)
Better high ISO(高ISO性能)
Better image quality(更高画质)
Higher Resolution(更高解析度)
Integrated thumb grip(集成拇指抓紧功能)
Improved ergonomics(改进人体工学)
I’ve long felt that 24mp represented just about the perfect compromise between high resolution and manageable file size; allowing very big prints but still making it possible to process lots of images in a reasonable time.

There has been much discussion on the internet about the benefits of CCD vs CMOS sensors. I really feel that a look at the files from the M will dispel those worries. For me, the colour is slightly better than that from the M9 at base ISO and much better at higher ISO. In most circumstances the results from a well exposed 6400 ISO are completely useable (perhaps equivalent to 1600 ISO on the M9).

Rangefinder photography is what I love most, and this new camera is a worthy successor to the long line of Leica M cameras. Throw in an exciting and revolutionary full frame mirror-less camera and it’s quite irresistible.

Jonathan Slack

February 1st 2013
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜

Some forum members were asked by Leica to test the new Leica M(240). Here is the first report by Jonathan Slack including several sample images in full resol

The Leica M(240)

The second is the latest iteration of the rangefinder camera – a deeply traditional way of making images which, since the advent of the digital M8 has been more and more appreciated as a way of avoiding the equipment getting in between the subject and the image.

The Full Frame Mirror-less M(240)

This is a fascinating camera – with the correct adapter it allows the use of almost any lens with an aperture ring. With the Leica R adapter it allows use of a range of R lenses, with proper support in the firmware. It’s a positive joy to use a lens like the 28-90 R lens on a full frame sensor without an AA filter.

Of course, being revolutionary it isn’t perfect – there is a little shutter lag, and the slower refresh rate for the EVF means that it isn’t really suitable for action photography. But a dSLR with AF is always going to be a better bet for sports photography.

For Macro photography, travel photography (where a zoom is desirable) and for nature and wildlife it’s a wonderful camera. The well thought out Focus Assist, with the optional magnification and focus peaking makes it possible to focus incredibly accurately whilst the well damped shutter mean that shooting handheld at 200mm is quite feasible in reasonable light.

The EVF is also great for use with wide angle lenses – and the longer M lenses where focusing can be more difficult.

…. and then there is video – it’s quite an experience shooting full frame video with a noctilux at f0.95!

The Successor to the M9

This is the really good news – Leica have listened to their user base. The M9 was (and is) a wonderful camera, however, there was room for improvement in a number of areas. The new M has addressed almost all of these:

Faster processor
Larger buffer
Higher resolution LCD
Weather sealing
Quieter shutter (without re-cock pause)
Less shutter lag
Better high ISO
Better image quality
Higher Resolution
Integrated thumb grip
Improved ergonomics
I’ve long felt that 24mp represented just about the perfect compromise between high resolution and manageable file size; allowing very big prints but still making it possible to process lots of images in a reasonable time.

There has been much discussion on the internet about the benefits of CCD vs CMOS sensors. I really feel that a look at the files from the M will dispel those worries. For me, the colour is slightly better than that from the M9 at base ISO and much better at higher ISO. In most circumstances the results from a well exposed 6400 ISO are completely useable (perhaps equivalent to 1600 ISO on the M9).

Rangefinder photography is what I love most, and this new camera is a worthy successor to the long line of Leica M cameras. Throw in an exciting and revolutionary full frame mirror-less camera and it’s quite irresistible.

Jonathan Slack

February 1st 2013

Image Download Data

Download DNG
Leica M (240) – pre-production model
50 mm
ISO 2500
1/250

Download JPG (edited)
Leica M (240) – pre-production model
50 mm
ISO 2500