正序浏览
主题图片汇总
主题内检索
泡菜
泡网分: 35.386
主题: 105
帖子: 1325
注册: 2001年1月
ZTZT  http://www_tomshardware_co_uk/Steve-Jobs-Bill-Gates-Quotes,news-32807.html

Bill is a gent and Steve comes off as, well, a little more cutting.

The Telegraph recently published an interesting piece entitled, "What Bill Gates and Steve Jobs Really Think of Each other." Putting each man's public comments regarding the other in one place, the piece aggregates some of the more interesting comments made by Bill and Steve over the years and it makes for some pretty interesting reading.

Zoom

Jobs is definitely the more chatty of the two. The Apple boss has had a lot to say about Microsoft, Windows and Bill Gates over the years. Bill, on the other hand, has been pretty quiet about his Cupertino-based competitor.

In the beginning, Bill was a big fan. In 1984, Gates famously said the Mackintosh had what to took to create a new standard:

"To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new, and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh – of all the machines I've seen – is the only one that meets that standard."

Bill Gates (1984)

Steve, on the other hand, has been less complimentary of Microsoft's wares. In 1994, he declared he was disappointed with Redmond and its "third rate" products:

"I guess I am saddened, not by Microsoft's success – I have no problem with their success, they've earned their success for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third rate products."

Steve Jobs (1994)

1994 was a busy year for Steve. He talked a lot about Microsoft back then; more so than he does now. It was the same year he opined that Windows may be Microsoft's biggest asset but it was also its biggest liability. Jobs also said that Microsoft had only had two goals in the decade leading up to 1994:

"Microsoft has had two goals in the last 10 years. One was to copy the Mac, and the other was to copy Lotus' success in the spreadsheet — basically, the applications business. And over the course of the last 10 years, Microsoft accomplished both of those goals. And now they are completely lost."

Steve Jobs (1994)

Steve also had some kinder words for Bill during that year:

"I think Bill Gates is a good guy. We're not best friends, but we talk maybe once a month. I think Bill and I have very different value systems. I like Bill very much, and I certainly admire his accomplishments, but the companies we built were very different from each other."

Steve Jobs (1994)

In 2008, Bill, ever the gentleman, says Apple is "fantastic" and keeping Microsoft on its toes:

"Whether it's Google or Apple or free software, we've got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes."

Bill Gates (2008)

However, just two years prior to this, Steve was accusing Microsoft of wasting money on research and development only to turn around and copy Apple and Google:

"Our friends up north [Microsoft] spend over $5bn on research and development, and all they seem to do is copy Google and Apple."

Steve Jobs (2006)

Fast forward to 2009 and Gates' wife, Melinda, reveals that iPhone and iPods are two of the very few things banned in the Gates household

"There are very things that are on the banned list in our household, but iPods and iPhones are two things we don't get for our kids."

Melinda Gates (2009)

Read the full list of quotes from both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates on the Telegraph.
相关标签: CREATE Apple Google Microsoft
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
浏览:495 回帖:1
第 1 页 / 共 1 页
游客没有回帖权限
泡菜
泡网分: 35.386
主题: 105
帖子: 1325
注册: 2001年1月
原文由 k-jet 在2010-02-19 03:38发表
ZTZT  http://www_tomshardware_co_uk/Steve-Jobs-Bill-Gates-Quotes,news-32807.html

Bill is a gent and Steve comes off as, well, a little more cutting.

The Telegraph recently published an interesting piece entitled, "What Bill Gates and Steve Jobs Really Think of Each other.&quo ......

google translation

条例草案是一项绅士和史蒂夫脱落的,同时,多一点切割。

每日电讯报最近发表了一篇题为有趣,“比尔盖茨和史蒂夫乔布斯真的想想对方。”把每个人的关于在一个地方,聚集在一块由比尔和史蒂夫多年来更有趣的一些意见的其他公众的意见和它的一些非常有趣的阅读使。

变焦

乔布斯肯定是其中较为健谈。苹果的老板产生了许多有关 Microsoft,Windows和比尔盖茨说,多年来。条例草案另一方面,一直在对他的苹果非常安静的竞争对手。

在一开始,比尔是一个大风扇。 1984年,盖茨著名的麦金托什说了什么,创造了一个新的标准:

“要创建一个新的标准,它需要的东西不只是一个有点不同,它需要的东西,实在是很新的,真正抓住人们的想象。和Macintosh - 所有我见过的机器 - 是唯一一个能满足这个标准。“

比尔盖茨(1984)

史蒂夫另一方面,一直不免费微软的产品。 1994年,他宣称他是与微软和它的“三流的失望”的产品:

“我想我感到难过,而不是由微软的成功 - 我没有与他们取得成功的问题,他们赢得了大部分他们的成功。我有一个事实问题,它们只会令真正三流的产品。”

史蒂夫乔布斯(1994)

1994年对史蒂夫繁忙的一年。他谈了很多关于微软当时,更何况比他现在。这是同一年,他认为,Windows可能成为微软最大的财富,但也是其最大的责任。乔布斯还表示,微软已经只有两个导致到1994年十年目标:

“微软已经有两个在过去10年的目标。之一是复制苹果,另一个是复制莲花'电子表格中的成功 - 基本上是应用软件业务。而且在过去10年中,微软完成既实现这些目标。现在,他们完全失去了。“

史蒂夫乔布斯(1994)

史蒂夫也于当年在条例草案的一些亲切的话:

“我认为比尔盖茨是个好人。我们不是最好的朋友,但是我们说可能每月一次。我认为条例草案,我有非常不同的价值体系。我很喜欢比尔,我当然佩服他的成就,但我们建立的公司非常的不同之处。“

史蒂夫乔布斯(1994)

在2008年,比尔,自从这位先生说,苹果是“幻想”,而把微软的脚趾:

“无论是谷歌,苹果还是自由软件,我们得到了一些出色的竞争对手,并保持我们的警觉。”

比尔盖茨(2008)

然而,仅仅两年在此之前,史蒂夫被指责浪费金钱研究和开发不仅扭转和复制微软,苹果和谷歌:

“我们的朋友北上[微软]用于研究和开发超过50亿美元,所有他们似乎做的是复制谷歌和苹果。”

史蒂夫乔布斯(2006)

快进到2009年,盖茨的妻子梅林达显示,iPhone和iPod都是在盖茨家禁止的极少数的东西2

“有很事情就在我们的家庭禁药名单的,但iPod和 iPhone的两件事我们没有得到我们的孩子。”

梅林达盖茨(2009)
(0)
(0)